Saturday, August 11, 2012

Testing...Testing...

Will I do it again?
Not sure.
As far as projects go, I love it.
My brain does not work the same way a designers does, that is obvious.
I knit.
They write.
Alas, testing, is just that.  They have a good idea. How it should  turn out.  But until it's put on needles you really don't know that it's going to be 3-inches too long and now you have to rip back 10-inches of cable, lace and seed to re-knit to the 7-inches it was intended, because, it's a test.
A test in patients.
A test in grace.
A test in forgiveness.
My commitment to finish will be paid off with one hand knit sweater.



Clasps from Etsy came as I was casting off.
Photo shoot in sweltering heat was short and sweet via 3rd grader.
Still contemplating long sleeves and the power of a few more well placed decreases to relieve the remaining puffiness.
Inner-designer unleashed.
Original design currently on needles.
Input from budding photographer duly noted.
Never under estimate the mind of an 8 year old.

*For those considering knitting this pattern, once you wrap your brain around the concept it's really a quick easy knit.  If you need 100% written/charted instructions this may not be for you!  The ability to recognize what you need to do and actually do it is a must.  She wrote it out better then I ever could, some things can't be charted simply executed.  This project was completed in mid-July but per designer request no postings or comments were to be made until the pattern was released, so although I wrote this in July before my "Dizzy" posting, I finally get to post this, YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment