Monday, July 23, 2012

Dizzy.


She makes my head spin. My girl, freshly eight, continues to baffle.  Confidence from test knitting still pumping through my veins I sit with Stichtionaries in lap and peruse.  One stands out, swirls and circles, winding this way and that, forever on the move.
Can't decide.
Can't commit.
Can't.


Hand over book to the girl.  It's her sweater, let her decide.  Circles and swirls, of course.  Simple raglan, V-neck.  Cable and lace body with mock cable sleeves.  Ribbon closure and I-cord trim to finish.  "Cropped so my shirt shows out the bottom."  Elbow length "because that looks super cute with a tee."








She knows what she wants, has no fear.  Dive right in, what are you waiting for?
Dizzy, our first design, beautiful just like her.


No comments:

Post a Comment